} -->

Saturday 5 November 2011

Holly Lane (Destiny #4) - Toni Blake


The weather outside is frightful, but kisses by the fire are so delightful . . . Sue Ann Simpkins is working hard to rebuild her life and find some holiday spirit. A weekend away from Destiny in a cabin on nearby Bear Lake seems like the perfect Christmas gift to herself—until her ex’s best friend, Adam Becker, shows up at the door, claiming the cabin is his! And if that’s not trouble enough, how had she never noticed how gorgeous he was? Alone for the holidays and forced to play a reindeer at the local department store, Adam’s been feeling rather Scrooge-ish himself. But finding the smart, sexy woman he’s admired since elementary school waiting in the house he rented is helping to brighten his humbug mood. And when a sudden snowstorm strands them together in very close quarters, leading to one very hot night together, Adam soon realizes that what he really wants for Christmas is a second chance at love. Now all he has to do is convince Sue Ann . . .



This was a pretty darn good read, if I do say so myself. I loved coming back to the small town of Destiny once again where it just seems that everything is peachy. I didn’t actually realize that Sue Ann was Adams heroine until I started reading. Sue Ann and Jeff in the past novels have been (as described in the book) the ‘perfect’ couple. But it just shows how quickly one’s life can go from peachy to ...well...........shit.

Both Adam and Sue Ann go into this new romance with huge pasts behind them and both having kids. Once more, I’m not that huge a fan of romance when kids are involved. I mean kids are the biggest romance killer around. But Holly Lane was done pretty tastefully. And most of the romance took place without kids around – the beauty of divorce, right?

Adam is perfect for Sue Ann, and I’m glad thru all the ups and downs in the book that he proved himself to be exactly that in the end.  The two were pretty hot together and I have the sexiest image in my head of what Adam would look like....mmmm....scrummy! I just love a hot romance where two people are locked in a cabin with no escape and the inevitable is going to happen – inevitable being, smoking hot sex by the fire....raaaarwwww.

Once again a great addition to the Destiny series, so far each story line has been different and refreshing. I’m hanging to get Amy’s story.  I’d hate to think that she will end up as the crazy old cat lady.

Highly recommend this entire series, but would suggest reading it from the start.



1 comment:

Elena said...

I can't wait to start this read myself. I'm just a little nervous,I don't remember Adam. Hmmmmm....Is he that guy that was once married?

Thanks for the review!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...