} -->

Friday 1 February 2013

The Love Of My Life By Traci L. Slatton

The Love of My (Other) Life
Painter Tessa Barnum is struggling. Her husband left, she's broke, about to be evicted and has made some serious missteps in her career.
When scruffy Brian Tennyson explodes into her life, claiming to be from an alternate universe, Tessa thinks he's a crazy vagabond - albeit one with mysterious and undeniable appeal.

Then he informs her that in his world, they're married.

Tessa's universe is turned upside down as the truth of love and loss, victory and humiliation, and second chances comes back to her. She has to choose love over logic to reach that state of anticipation where miracles unfold. The secret to her own life was always in her heart.


Holly's Review:

Truth be told, I passed this book up when I was browsing Netgalley simply because I thought it was erotica and I was looking for something a little different-duh, look at the cover! This is the perfect example of NEVER judge a book by its cover!! So when I received a copy of this book from the publisher for an honest review I actually took a look at the synopsis. It sounded really interesting and WOW was I glad I gave it a shot!

Most of the science/physics talk went right over this girls head but all in all this book wasn’t about that, it was all about that one true love, your soul mate that exists in any universe, over and over in all of our lives. In each universe the players are the same they just may have different roles and if we are lucky we find each other!

This book was a little quirky and definitely won’t be for everyone, but I for one really enjoyed it. When we meet Tessa she is a little scattered, struggling artist, divorced from her husband and trying to get some order into her life. She runs into Brian Tennyson, who she believes is a homeless vagrant and he immediately throws his arms around her hugging her and calling her by name! Understandably she is a bit confused and a little freaked, but it gets crazier when he tells her that he is her husband in another universe and is only her visiting for 5 days 4 hours and 22 minutes, oh and he needs a place to stay!!

Tessa thinks that Brian is basically a crazy stalker, since he seems to be everywhere that she is even though she continually tells him to get lost and runs away from him. I know that this all seems silly and there really is a silly Big Bang Theory element to this book but it is, for all intents and purposes about the ultimate true love and the lengths we would go to find and keep it.

“What really matters is the non-physical, non-quantifiable thing, the feeling that when you’re with her, you’re more alive than you ever imagined possible. Even when it hurts. Even when she’s gone."

I am not going to give too much away with this review, just that this book made me laugh and cry and did not end the way I expected. It was different, quirky and fun to read and these days when so many books can really fall into the predictable category being pleasantly surprised is refreshing!

“You’re not the Tessa Barnum I married, but you’re a perfect flowering of the Tessa Barnum seed that was planted and bloomed in this world.”

I loved Brian & Tessa and I am thankful that I got to spend this little bit of time with them in my world!

***I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review***





 


1 comment:

Beckey said...

Thanks for sharing your review... I thought the same thing seeing the cover too.. Then I read it, interesting, Erotic cover on a contemporary...
Below is my review:As saying goes no two people will see (or say) the same thing about a book...
(http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/509765909)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...