} -->

Monday 29 October 2012

Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan


Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)"


The story of Deuce and Eva...

An undeniable connection that stands the test of time.

Unforgettable moments.

Love and pain and everything in between.

I was five years old when I met Deuce, he was twenty-three, and it was visiting day at Riker's Island. My father, Damon Fox or "Preacher", the President of the infamous "Silver Demon's" motorcycle club -mother chapter- in East Village, New York City, was doing a five-year stint for aggravated assault and battery with a deadly weapon. It was not the first time my father had been in prison and it wouldn't be the last. The Silver Demon's MC was a notorious group of criminals who lived by the code of the road and gave modern society and all it entailed a great big f**k you.
 

Rhonda's Review:

  "I was five years old when I met Deuce, he was twenty-three, and it was visiting day at Riker's Island. "

I was hooked at the first line of the book. I've been in a terrible book funk for months, and Madeline Sheehan just pulled me out! Undeniable consumed my thoughts when I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it and couldn't wait to get back to it. Thank you Madeline Sheehan, your book has landed on my favorite list for 2012. A bit of advice for those who haven't read this yet... leave your personal feelings about everything at the door before you start.

"I am Preacher’s little girl. And I'm gonna be just like him when I grow up. I'm gonna have a Fatboy but I want mine to be sparkly and I want a pink helmet with skulls on it. And instead of being the club President, I’m gonna be the club Queen cuz I'm gonna marry the biggest, scariest biker in the whole world and he's gonna let me do whatever I want because he’s gonna love me like crazy." -5 year old Eva

As the years pass from the time Deuce and Eva first meet, the carnal attraction grows between these two over the years and is off the charts. Deuce and Eva are completely dysfunctional together, but they make sense. Their story was like watching a train wreck and I was powerless to stop it or look away. The years aren't kind to these two, but they love each other and in the end I love that they fight for each other.

The moment I truly fell for Deuce: "You respect women you little fuckin' shit. It was a fuckin' woman who carried you around in her fuckin' body, fuckin' birthed you and fuckin' loved you, and it's gonna be a woman who keeps you warm at night, who lets you inside her body and it's gonna be a woman who carries around your fuckin' children. You fuckin' respect that, you feel me? You fuckin' respect women, all of ‘em, or I will end you."

Swoon, I mean.... just swoon!! Deuce is so far from perfect, and he does some nasty shit to Eva, but it was impossible for me to dislike him when he always shows up at the right time with his redemption, redeeming himself.

I loved Eva too, she accumulates some heavy baggage over the years, and she's a tough young lady who makes some hard decisions. When the chips are down she'll stand up to anyone for the ones she loves. There were times Eva put her Chucks to good use running from Deuce, but I can't blame her on a lot of that. Kudos to Sheehan for writing a good heroine for Deuce.

I need to mention the very colorful cast of secondary characters in this book. Some you will love, some... not so much, but they are all so much fun to read, and made this story even more awesome. Kami, Cox, Frankie, Chase, and Preacher, I loved these characters so much. These are all people behaving badly, but they just wiggle their way into your heart, and under your skin.

This story has some grammar and punctuation issues, but I'm not one to judge on that, to me it was perfect, and I loved every moment of Eva and Deuce's story no matter how fucked up it was at times. They dug in their heels and fought for what they wanted even if it meant fighting each other.

"Never forget the day she came bouncin' into my fucked up life, shakin' pigtails, singin' Janis, wearin’ chucks and sharin' peanuts and straight up stole any decency I had left which wasn't a whole lot but she fuckin' took it and I've been hers ever since."






1 comment:

GraceMyBookSnack said...

Great reviews! I really need to read this. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...