} -->

Sunday 8 September 2013

Wethering The Storm BY Samantha Towle (BK#2)

Wethering the Storm (The Storm, #2)Music journalist Tru Bennett has done the impossible: capture the heart of rock-star bad boy Jake Wethers. Now they’re busy planning a wedding and navigating their new life together in the US. Of course Tru misses London and her best friend, Simone, but living happily ever after with Jake in LA is going to be great…right?

Wrong. Even the bright California sun can’t whitewash the dark side of celebrity coupledom. Greedy music execs, merciless paparazzi, and Jake’s wild past are lurking around every corner. Making matters worse, Jake announces he doesn’t want kids, which just may be a deal breaker. 

Tru loves Jake more than anything. But when a devastating crisis threatens to destroy everything they’ve fought for, the couple must face the hard truth: What if, this time, love is not enough?

Holly's Review:

I think because it's been so long I sort of forgot how much I FREAKING LOVE JAKE WETHERS!!!

Once upon a long time ago, in Manchester, a girl moved in next door to a boy... 

This book pics up right where the first one left off with Jake and Tru on their island spending some well deserved time alone together. Which is all well and good but now they need to head back to reality and work at making a life together. Which is not as easy as it sounds what with Jake being a smoking hot, former man-whoring rock star! Real life and the past are bound to intrude and make the road a little bumpy.

But if any couple can do it it's Jake and Tru!! There love is amazing! 

"My love for you is limitless, it knows no bounds. You're in my veins. I bleed you. I belong to you...I always have and always will." He takes a deep breath. "You will always be my June, Tru." 

See what I mean...AWESOME LOVE!!

What I love most is that it is a lifetime love, Jake and Tru were the best of friends growing up and circumstances separated them and it took them 12 years to reconnect. Now that they have, the road is rocky but their love for each other is off the charts. So you just know they will find their HEA! 

I really don't want to talk about the struggles they face in this book simply because I don't want to give anything away, you really need to experience it for yourself. I will promise you though after all the intense emotions you go through with these characters they do find their HEA and we get a wonderfully beautiful epilogue!! So please, if you haven't yet experience the phenomenon that is Jake Wethers and The Mighty Storm you need to do so immediately!! You won't regret it, I Promise!!

Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning. 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...