} -->

Thursday 13 June 2013

This Is Who I Am (Masters of Shadowlands #7) by Cherise Sinclair


When trying to save a woman from slavers, Sam screwed up. Royally. Now Linda wants nothing to do with him. Or with BDSM. She won’t even admit she’s a masochist. As a dominant and sadist, he can give her what she needs, and when an opportunity arises, he slips into her life, intending to make amends. She’s everything he knew she would be…except for her bullheaded determination to be ‘normal’.

Now the horrible time is past, Linda just wants to return to her small conservative town, pick up her quiet life, and be normal. But how can someone who likes pain be ‘normal’? To her dismay, when someone spray-paints her home with obscenities, Sam shows up to rescue her. Again. Doesn’t he understand that the last thing she needs in her life is a sadist? He’s amused by her objections. But his dry sense of humor can’t disguise that he’s tough as nails and dominant and stubborn. He’s not going to let her drive him off this time. Soon she realizes she wants him to stay.

When he takes her to the Shadowlands, she feels as if she’s found a home…until she hears a voice from out of her nightmares.


Holly's Review

I need to start by saying what a huge fan of the Masters of the Shadowlands series I am!! I think I kinda forget how much I love everything about these books and characters until I dive back into their stories. 

I have been anxiously awaiting Master Sam's story for quite some time now. For a few reasons really. One is that, unlike some BDSM books, there is a lot going on in the background of these books. In the last installment we saw some of the key players at Shadowlands involved in taking down a part of a human trafficking ring. Linda, who is our heroine, was held as a slave and rescued and she is having a hard time dealing with Sam since he had to play a rather hard part in the rescue operation. Now I realize this all may sound a little vague if you have not read any of these books - and if you are a BDSM fan of any kind then I have to ask, why the hell have you not read these books?? 

Anyway, another reason I have been looking forward to Sam is because not only is he an older man, and Linda an older woman, and by this I mean old enough that they have grown children. But that Sam is a Sadist! For you newbies that means he enjoys inflicting pain and Linda is a Masochist, which means she enjoys receiving pain (even if it takes her awhile to admit this, seeing as she wants to be normal and all)!! Sam is the one man who can give her what she needs and make her feel safe, if only she'd let him.

This book was a beautifully emotional read. Watching Linda try to resume her life with the whole world knowing was held as a sex slave. Let me tell you, I really wanted to jump into this book and bitch slap the fuck out of some of these ignorant, narrow minded assholes that think she deserved that because of her penchant for pain and kink!! FUCK THEM I SAY!! We all have kink, even if we are too closed minded to admit it!! OK, sorry, minor rant!! Y'all that know me know that those slip into my reviews sometimes!! :)

Like I said before, if you are a BDSM fan at all and haven't read this series - get your ass out there and get them! Cherise Sinclair rocks my socks!!

Brace yourselves for Master Sam....


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...