} -->

Friday 4 January 2013

Grace's Favorites of 2012




Grace's Top Ten Favorite Reads of 2012


This year I read so many wonderful books that choosing my top ten favorites was extremely difficult. So here they are listed in random order.




 Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: This is one of those books that you keep reading because it is both fascinating and disturbing. My favorite pick as a mystery/psychological thriller with one wicked plot twist!

 Faythe Reclaimed (Hanaford Park #3) by Lisa Sanchez: As a fan of this series, I was so excited when the third book released earlier this year. I fell madly in love with Gabriel and Taylor's story, which included time-travel, demons, snarky remarks, a heroine to root for, and a super sexy warlock. I really couldn't get enough of this dark and emotional read.



 On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves: If a book makes me lose sleep, you bet it's going to go on this list, and that is exactly what T.J. and Anna's story made me do! Their remarkable survivor and love story had me thinking about them for days after reading the last page.


One Night with a Hero (The Hero #2) by Laura Kaye: My favorite contemporary romance this year that featured two damaged individuals whose chemistry and passion of spending one night together ignites into something more! Both heartbreaking and heartwarming, Brady and Joss's story is my pick for ultimately providing that warm and fuzzy feeling.


 Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet #2) by C.J. Roberts: This is one sequel that turned out to be way more than what I expected it to be. To get a better idea of what I'm saying, you really need to read the first book, Captive in the Dark. Full of emotion and angst, this is one dark and dangerous story that I completely fell in love with!


 Exhale (Just Breathe #2) by Kendall Grey: I fell really hard for the Just Breathe series this year. It has my most favorite fictional rock star, Gavin Cassidy! I literally swoon when he gets inspired by his muse, Zoe. With phenomenal world-building, shocking scenes, and delicious tension, book 2 was an exceptional sequel with characters being pushed beyond limits.




 Undeniable (Undeniable #1) by Madeline Sheehan: Here's another one that I lost sleep over when I couldn't help but wake up extra early just to read. Intense, raw, and insanely emotional! I was rooting for Eva and Deuce from beginning to end. If you like motorcycles and bad boys, this one would be right up your alley.



Blaze (Phoenix Rising #2) by Joan Swan: This year I've become a huge fan of this romance-suspense author. Her stories always take you on an exciting and sexy thrill ride. Blaze has one of my favorite kick-ass heroines and a hero that melts your heart. The superbly written action sequences left me wanting more! I really can't wait for the next book in the series.





 Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood #5) by J.R. Ward: 2012 was my year to immerse myself further into the world of the BDB. It's really hard for me to pick a favorite brother or book in this series, since I've been enjoying each one thus far. I chose Lover Unbound as one of my faves because I really did love the pairing of Vishous and Jane. From their matching intelligence to the way they just mesh together, I was fascinated by every page of their story.










3 comments:

GraceMyBookSnack said...

Thanks, Rhonda! It was really hard to pick only ten, since I had so many favorites.

Thessamari said...

Grace, Grace, Grace...excellent choices!! A few more to add to my never ending TBR pile. **sigh** lol

Unknown said...

I'm adding Gone girl to my TBR, that sound really interesting to me, I have to check some your other choices too.
Thanks for sharing :)
Of course, I also one of J.R. Ward books as one my top listens of 2012 :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...