} -->

Saturday 26 January 2013

This Man (This Man #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas


Young interior designer Ava O’Shea has an appointment for a first consultation at The Manor with the owner, Mr Jesse Ward. She is expecting nothing more than an overweight, cravat wearing, well-to-do countryman, and on arrival, nothing would suggest otherwise. How wrong could she be? This Man is devastatingly handsome, charming and confident. He is also a conceited, hedonistic playboy, who knows no boundaries. Ava desperately does not want to be attracted to him, but she can’t control the overwhelming affect he has on her. Every instinct is telling her to run, so she does, but Jesse Ward is not so willing to let her go. He wants her and is determined to have her. She knows she is heading for heartbreak, but how can she run when he won’t let her?


Thessa's Review

The Hero in the book, I hear, is BRITISH!!!!! Yea. Nuff said. I'm sold. ;)

4.5 Stars

His face is serious, but still stunning. 'How loud do you think you'll scream when I fuck you?' 

Holy. Bloody. Fucking. Hell. I...I...I don't know what to fucking say. I'm rendered a bit speechless. This story has left me in a state of frustration; I'm completely dumbfounded. What the hell did I just read? I've never read a story that has left me with more questions than answers. I don’t ever remember feeling like this. Ever. Don’t get me wrong, this story was all kinds of…smutty, sexy, frustrating fun. I’m think I’m just stunned. I need book two. Oh fuck it. I need the next two books because I have a feeling that if this book ended like this, I’m sure the author will undoubtedly leave us salivating after the end of book two. **sigh** Deep breaths. 

‘I’m…going…to…possess every.single.part.of.you,’ He punctuates each word clearly and sharply, ‘There will be nowhere on this beautiful body that won’t have had me in it, on it or over it.’ 

Holy. Bloody. Fucking. Hell. Get use to these words because I’ll be saying this a lot during this review. Oh Ava, Ava, Ava. This poor woman didn’t know what she was getting into when she went to The Manor to meet her potential client. The rich gentleman client asked for her personally to work on designing the extension of his ‘hotel.’ A stodgy man is what she expected. What she didn’t expect was sex personified. Jesse Ward is devastatingly sexy. What is it with This Man that makes her, and us, weak in the knees. 

He rips his hand from the apex of my thighs and knocks me away from his throbbing arousal. In one measured movement, he moves his hands to my backside, lifts me and impales me onto his waiting length.
OUCH! Oh my God and fucking hell!
 


**Deep Breath** Fuck. Me. Jesse is one intense man. That’s an understatement actually. He’s so many other things, too: Persistent, controlling, possessive, aggressive and a bit manipulative. Ava doesn’t know what to make of him. I don’t know what to make of him. OMG! He is so overwhelming! Ava is in constant whiplash when it comes to this man. Throughout the story, no matter how Ava ‘tried’ she could not shake Jesse. Ignoring her feeling/libido (because let’s face it, her feelings were intertwined with her libido), was pointless. Jesse was so overbearing that she tried to push him away, but he was the most persistent man, ever. He would not take the hint. Why was he was pursuing her so hard core? The thing is this question, and many others, were left unanswered. I’m still in shock at how adamantly he was in perusing her and never ever even knew why. I’m at a loss. 

‘I’m going to distract you some more now. We need to make friends.’ 

We need to make friends. Ha! This phrase has taken on a whole new meeting. It practically makes me blush at thinking about the hiding meaning behind these words. Let’s just say that Ava and Jesse spend a lot of time making friends in this story. The sex in this book is in-fucking-credible. It will leave you squirming, your jaw gaping and sometimes, just Flat. Out. Stunned. Whew! Ummm, yea. What was I saying? **Shakes head** Sorry, I was reminiscing the sexy times these two had and I was in a daze for a moment. This story will do that to you, you know. It will also leave you frustrated, but in a good way, though. I seriously cannot wait for book two. I already miss making friends with Jesse. **Smirks**

4 of 5 stars false


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the review! Adding this to my short list of books to read.

Thessamari said...

Thanks, Wendy! Just be forewarned: It'll get your blood pressure rising :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...