} -->

Saturday 5 January 2013

Holly's Top reads of 2012



Holly's top 10... or so of 2012 
(depending on how you count them, LOL!)




We were asked to list our top ten books of 2012, well; I am going to have to alter that just a tad, simply because some of my favorites of this year were whole trilogies, or series. Not all but some, really in no particular order. So here we go….



The Sinners Series by Tiffany Reisz – Tiffany is a new author for me and she immediately became a must buy for me. She is an amazing writer and I still, even after finishing the first 3 in this series, tend to find myself waxing poetic about these books to anyone that will listen.




Captive in the Dark & Seduced in the Dark by CJ Roberts - This author was also a new one for me and holy crap more amazing writing! This dark tale is not for everyone but it was exactly the type of emotional ride that I love.




Anything and Everything Kristen Ashley – I discovered Kristen Ashley this year and I think I have to admit she has become my favorite author! I know, that is a bold statement but there is not even one of her books that I have not LOVED! Her heroes are fucking amazing and I am pretty sure I have loved every one of her kick ass heroines! I recommend her books to anyone that will listen and I can’t talk enough about them. One of my girlfriends said that KA had ruined her for all other authors, that is exactly how I feel every time I finish a KA book!



Slammed (Slammed, #1)



Slammed & Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover –
Colleen Hoover was a new author for me and HOLY 
CRAP! I read both of these books in less than 24 hours and cried! OMG did I cry, it was a beautiful
journey and the kind of story where you wish you could forget it as soon as you finished so you could experience it all over again!




The Last Girl by Kitty Thomas – I think people either love or hate Kitty Thomas and I love her. She pushes you out of your comfort zone and this book is not my favorite of hers. It is fairly short, just over 100 pages but when you are finished these characters stay with you! I will say the last line was my favorite line in the book!



Risking it All by Jennifer Schmidt – This was another little gem that I picked up this year that I loved with all my heart. I am a huge sucker for a friends to lovers story and this was one that really sticks out in my head. I’m really not sure why. I just know that this was one of those stories where the characters made a significant impact and I loved them for that.




Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia – I don’t even know how to express the amount of love I have for this book! I recommended it to everyone I know that even remotely reads!! The hard copy has earned a permanent place on my keepers shelf so that I can revisit Blake and Livie whenever I need to spend some time with them.


Cowboy Casanova by Lorelei James – I have really enjoyed all of the Rough Riders series but this one rocketed to the top as soon as I got a look inside Ben McKay. Seriously, a smokin’ hot cowboy Dom?? Is this what Heaven is? I mean it, this entire series is a delicious ride but IMO none of them hold a candle to this McKay! They totally had me at hot cowboy and BDSM in the same sentence!



3 comments:

Wendy said...

Great list! I also discovered Kristen Ashley this year and fell in love with her books. My two favorite books so far are Motorcycle Man & Knight. Just loved both of the anti heroes in both stories. I push Mrs Ashley's books onto anyone who will listen.

CJ Roberts' books are the only other one from your list I've read and I agree with their placement on this list.

I've been tempted on several occasions to read the Rough Riders series but I'm the type of person that has to read a series from the beginning and I don't want to buy half a million books (slight exaggeration) just to read the books toward the end of the series.

Thessamari said...

Great list, Hols!

GraceMyBookSnack said...

I need to check out the ones I haven't read. Thanks for making my TBR list longer, Holly! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...