} -->

Thursday 11 July 2013

Uncharted (On the Island #1.5) by Tracey Garvis Graves


Tracey Garvis Graves - and Anna and T.J. - return in this companion novella to the New York Times bestseller On the Island

When twenty-three-year-old dot-com millionaire Owen Sparks walked away from his charmed life, he had one goal in mind: get as far away as possible from the people who resented his success, or had their hand out for a piece of it. A remote uncharted island halfway around the world seemed like a perfectly logical place to get away from it all. 

Calia Reed wasn't part of Owen's plans. The beautiful British girl - on holiday in the Maldives with her brother, James - made Owen wonder if getting away from it all might be a lot more enjoyable with a carefree girl who didn't know anything about the life he left behind. 

But Owen had no idea how much his carefully detailed plans would go awry. Nor did he realize that a decision he made would have such a catastrophic effect on two passengers who boarded a plane in Chicago. 

And when Owen shows up at Anna and T.J.'s door with an incredible story to tell, everyone involved will learn just how much their lives are intertwined. 

Uncharted includes an early look at Covet, coming September 2013


Holly's Review

I can honestly say that On The Island is one of my all time favorite books! So when I heard there was going to be a companion novella of course I was all over it!! I absolutely wanted to spend more time with Anna and TJ! My only complaint.... It's a novella and I wanted more, more, more!! I seem to channel my inner stalker/voyeur when it comes to these people because I want to be with them every second and absorb everything they are doing! Probably not healthy, but there it is! :)

I am a little ashamed to say that at first it took me a minute to remember who Owen Sparks was, but after a few minutes it all came rushing back and I was hooked! I couldn't put this book down. 

This book is Owen telling his story to Anna and TJ - I don't want to reveal too much for anyone who has not read OTI. But really, if you haven't read On The Island, what could you possibly be waiting for?

Anyway, Owen comes to Anna and TJ in this installment to tell them his story, and hope they can forgive him! Owen leaves behind his life as a successful business man to try to find meaning in life through solitude on a deserted island! His story is crazy proof that one simple decision we make in life can sometimes have a life altering affect on people we don't even know. The universe is a crazy, amazing place and we can't control the paths life takes sometimes.

I can't recommend these books enough, when I finished OTI I found myself an auto-buy author in Tracy Garvis-Graves and if you have read this one or On The Island, do it now. You'll thank me :)





Grace's Review

Takes you back “On the Island”...Amazing!

Wow! I just spent a few exhilarating hours reading Uncharted, and Tracey Garvis-Graves has done it again! Owen Sparks's experience on the island was so different than Anna and T.J.'s experience. It felt both good and strange to be transported back to this place that T.J. describes as “beautifully deceiving”, because isn't that what this little uncharted, uninhabited island really is? Lots of questions from “On the Island” will be answered through Owen's riveting and incredible story! Loved!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...