} -->

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Fifty Shades Freed (#3) EL James

Synopsis:When unworldly student Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian’s singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed.

Now, together, they have more – love, passion, intimacy, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy, and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own integrity, identity or independence; Christian must somehow overcome his compulsion to control, and lay to rest the horrors that blighted his past and haunt his present.

Just when it seems that together their love can conquer any obstacle, misfortune, malice and fate combine to make Ana’s worst nightmares come true. Alone and desperate, she must face down the poisoned legacy of Christian’s past.

Seductive, shocking, sad and funny, Fifty Shades Freed is the compelling final volume in the Fifty Shades trilogy.







Photobucket

Holly's Thoughts:

  TEN GREAT BIG SHINY STARS!!!!!


This was a perfect ending to what has definitely become my favorite series! I was wonderful to read the conclusion of this wonderful story that is Ana and her Fifty Shades. I couldn’t love Christian any more if I tried, and I big enough to admit that I am just glowing green with envy of Ana :) - For the most part this book was not as intense all the time as the other two but what was most wonderful, after watching these two overcome some pretty major obstacles to be together, was getting to watch them learn to be husband and wife and function is the real world together.

I am not going to get into very much detail, one, because I could simply go on forever and ever talking about Fifty and how much I love him and two, because I really don’t want to give anything away. These are definitely books that should be savored slowly without any hints!

I will say though, that as fairy tale as their story is they definitely have to work through some major issues that are arising simply because they had an obsessive, whirlwind romance that now is taking some real work in the light of day, so to speak. While Christian is just as mercurial as ever, at times I did feel for Ana in this one. Christian can be a bit, well, overwhelming, which we all know and love him for, but Ana struggles at times with this. As I can imagine I would too, but the fact that they love and need each other more than their next breath helps them conquer all of these hurdles. Sometimes with a little punishment involved, :) which doesn’t seem to have any of the parties involved complaining.

My favorite quote… Christian grins. “Am I that much of a prize?”
”Christian, you are the state lottery, the cure for cancer, and the three wishes from Aladdin’s lamp all rolled into one.”
I couldn’t have said it better myself!!

The way that I fell in love with these characters shocked even me, to the point that they were so far in my head that I would dream about them at night when I finally put my book down! I have to say Ms. James does a phenomenal job of making you FEEL the characters! I have to thank one more time my GR friends that first introduces me to this series, what an amazing emotional roller coaster ride!! I can’t wait to do it all again.


I also need to include some pics of my favorite different faces of Fifty… 



 Controlling, Mercurial Christian:


Sexpertise Christian:

 Playful, Sexy Christian:

 

Isn't he beautiful?? *sigh*



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...