} -->

Saturday 6 October 2012

Point Of Retreat (#2) By Collen Hoover

Point of Retreat (Slammed #2)
 
Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart.

Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.


Holly's Review:

  This is book 2 in the Slammed series and if you read my review for book 1, the warning about PMS still stands. Steer clear until your hormones are under control because if it's possible this one was even more emotional than the first installment! :)

But, again, I have to say in all seriousness that I love this book too!!
When we begin, we pick approximately 1 year after the beautiful end of Slammed where Lake and Will get their HEA, but now real life intrudes and we spend this story making sure that their amazing love can withstand the the obstacles.

This story is told from Will's POV whereas the first was was told from Lake's POV. That was one of my favorite things about this one! But watching these two barely adults manage two homes, two 10 year old boys, college and still find time to love each other madly, but not without some bumps along the way, was what I found so incredible. Like I mentioned in my review of the first story, these two people totally make me want to be a better person! They are amazing and brave and flawed and I couldn't stop thinking about them last night when I finally finished and went to bed!! I also really need to mention the poetry again, if possible the slam poetry in this installment is just as amazing if not more so that the first!!

This is as much of an emotional ride as the first installment but holy crap what a ride it was! I can't recommend these books enough! You won't regret it if you take the time to sit down and let these amazing people into your lives! I believe these are Colleen Hoover's debut novels and all I can say is Way to Go! And keep them coming!!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...