} -->

Thursday 11 October 2012

Reflected In You (Crossfire #2) By Sylvia Day

Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...


Holly's Review:

I'd kill for you, give up everything I own for you....but I won't give you up!

That kind of sets the tone for the intensity of this book in one simple line. Eva and Gideon have that kind of love, albeit a bit unhealthy, that is amazing beyond reason! That said, this kind of love is whirling in jealousy, possessiveness and heartache at times. I know this aspect got to a lot of readers but that is what I love most about this story and stories like it!

IT'S CALLED PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!

The way I see it if there are lines in a story that actually make the bottom drop out of my stomach when I read the words that is freaking amazing!

In this installment of the series we learn a little more, and I mean little, about Gideon's troubled past, I know there has to be more and I hope we explore it a little more. One little scene of him pouring his secret out cannot be all it takes for SHAZAM! he's all good! I don't buy it! But hopefully we get a little more of that story in the third book, which holy fuckburgers, I hope the date is right and we get book three before the end of the year, as I am not a patient girl y'all! I need to also mention the smoking hot S E X!!! Honestly, there were scenes in this book that had me re reading them twice and then going to track down my husband (He say's thank you to Ms. Day, btw)

So in essence, these two are very broken individuals who seemingly bring out the worst in each other, but we all know there is soooo much more to them than that and I have faith that when all is said and done Eva and Gideon will find their filthy rich, hot sex, drama filled HEA, and I for one will love reading every flipping minute of it!!

I loved this book as much as the first in the series and I know I will love the last just as much, which is why even though I was graciously provided this advanced copy from Netgalley I have already pre ordered my hard copy to take it's rightful place on my favorites shelf(along side book one, of course)

I really want to know more about the secondary characters too, oh and Ms. Day....please, please, please give Brett his own book! I can feel an amazing story there, and oh well, he's a rock star, soooo....right! That will be my only request today :)





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...