} -->

Monday 13 August 2012

Confessions Of An Angry Girl By Louise Rozett

Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make... #1: I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

#2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who "might" be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

#3: High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry-get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.) (Sorry. That was rude.)



Thessa's Review:


3.25-3.5 Stars
First off, thank you Harlequin publishing for letting me view this book. I was eager to get my hands on it :)

Okay onto the review...

For the most part, I liked this story. It was well written to the point where the emotions of our heroine were clearly felt throughout the story. However, this was actually a tough read for me. Maybe because I've been out of high school for a while or maybe because I just can't stand people being harassed or, maybe, I guess it's a combination of both. Either way, I felt for our heroine, Rose. She has just come out of a difficult summer in which she just lost her father, only to enter high school facing more difficult challenges. She definitely went through an initiation of sorts. This book deals with a lot of those high school issues we all went through: Sex, boys, and just trying to find our identity, while trying to just fit in.

She and her best friend, Tracy, are at odds in the beginning. Tracy, to me, was extremely superficial. She tries too hard to be part of the popular crowd. She dates a swimmer, makes the cheerleading squad and basically is shutting out her best friend. I was not a huge fan of Tracy, but at least she kinda redeems herself toward the end. While Tracy tries ridiculously hard to impress, Rose just wants a moment to try to figure things out. High School is a whole new world, with all its fake IDs, beer chugging, and trying to figure out if it's the right time to lose one's V-card. It's a lot to absorb and it's hard to adjust, especially when your BFF is slowly turning into this superficial person, whom you no longer recognize. Then there's the issue of boys. Oh Lord, here we go...

While Tracy debates on losing "it" with her (jerk face) boyfriend, Matt, Rose is trying to figure out Jamie Forta. Jamie was a former teammate of her brother, Peter. He's a junior and is a complete mystery to her. You can tell he likes Rose, but both parties are reluctant, especially since Jamie is rumored to be dating Regina. Ugh. Just hearing her name provokes images of the movie Mean Girls, which ironically, this Regina reminds me of that Regina. They're both very mean, spiteful B's. Anyway I digress. So when Regina starts to get suspicious with Jamie and Rose's involvement, she makes Rose's High School life difficult. Yea, I don't like her.

By the end of this book, I was left a little drained, especially since it just abruptly ended the way it did. I will definitely be adding book two to my TBR. I would recommend this book for those who are in the mood for a not-so-typical coming of age story.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...