} -->

Sunday 11 September 2011

One Grave at a Time - Jeaniene Frost


The grave is one wrong step away.

Having narrowly averted an (under)world war, Cat Crawfield wants nothing more than a little downtime with her vampire husband, Bones. Unfortunately, her gift from New Orleans' voodoo queen just keeps on giving--leading to a personal favor that sends them into battle once again, this time against a villainous spirit.

Centuries ago, Heinrich Kramer was a witch hunter. Now, every All Hallows Eve, he takes physical form to torture innocent women before burning them alive. This year, however, a determined Cat and Bones must risk all to send him back to the other side of eternity--forever. But how do you kill a killer who's already long dead?


One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)One Grave at a Time was everything I expected to be, but nothing I wanted it to be. How to explain? I missed Cat and Bones in between every book. It’s a god given fact that these two rule my life.  I enjoyed the last book but with each progressive book feel like Cat and Bones are falling into the trap of an ‘Old Married Couple’.  In this book Cat and Bones are back and are trying to kill a ghost. So how do you kill a guy that’s already dead though?
Cat and Bones relationship is still going stronger than ever. But if you’re after romance in this round, you will be surly disappointed. There is one very peculiar ‘love scene’ that I’m not even going to go into because in my eyes it’s just physically impossible. There is a few romantic moments between the two, with some heartfelt exchanging words and passionate looks but that tops it off.  But not having too much romance doesn’t take away the very fast paced story that managed to keep me enthralled enough to have me eager to turn the pages to see how in fact you kill  a dead guy.
We didn’t get to see any, Vlad this time round *cue sighs of disappointment*. BUT we see plenty of Ian. I didn’t really have any affection at all for him in the past books. But with Vlad out of the picture for the mean time, Ian has stepped right up to the plate.  He reminds me of the smart mouth side kick that everyone needs.  I can’t wait for him to get his own book. I couldn’t help but smile with almost all of his witty lines.
So how do you kill a dead guy? I don’t know. And that brings me to the book that was good, that got great, which ended with me thinking ....ummmm WTH? It ended way too abruptly. I was well into it, turned the page and it was over.  I’m still baffled. It was almost like Frost had a limit of pages she could write, got to that point and just ended it.  So was this the best book in the series? Not by a long shot. But this series in generally is fantastic and I still would recommend it to anyone.




2 comments:

DarienMoya said...

No Vlad! That blows. I personally feel she should have left it at 4 books. Then just wtite about the Night Huntress world.

I do believe asshole Tate, deserves a book.

Sam S2 said...

I agree!! Tate does deserve his own book. I love his character and would love him to have his HEA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...