} -->

Monday 16 April 2012

Bared to You by Sylvia Day - A Crossfire Novel

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart






Rhonda's Thoughts

Sylvia Day owned me!

Bared to You is one of those books that completely sucked me in, and consumed my thoughts.  I was finding ways to read this book whenever possible, when it wasn’t convenient to whip my kindle out I was sneaking reads on my phone, via Kindle app.

Sylvia Day has done a excellent job with the characters in this story, bringing them to life and making me love them.  The main characters in this story are the H/h Gideon Cross and Eva Trammel, along with Eva’s best friend Cary.  All three of them I found to be multi-layered, and they all carry some heavy baggage which in turn effects the relationships that are formed.  I loved Cary, he seems to be a bit of a wild card with a story of his own. I hope we continue to know him more in the next book.

Eva Trammel and her best friend Cary have just moved to New York,  a new city, a new job and a fresh start.  Before Eva can even get her feet firmly planted, her path crosses with the dark, sexy, and alluring Gideon Cross.  The instant attraction is completely overwhelming,  even though Eva tries to ignore it.  But it’s hard to ignore a presence like Gideon.  From the moment he appears in the story, he exudes strength, dominance, and sex appeal. Gideon pursues Eva unrelentingly in  brash and possessive way.  Someone who’s accustom to getting what he wants, he won’t take no for an answer.  The attraction is too potent, and of course Eva submits to it. ( I would too! )

Eva admittedly has self esteem issues, and it comes in to play a lot, but to her defense here, considering her past, and dealing with a man like Gideon and the situations she faces in regard to him I would totally feel the same way.  I really liked Eva, I didn’t find her whiny or full of self pity.  She is challenging for Gideon, and as if I couldn’t love Gideon more, he is so patient with her, and so giving of himself.  The truths of his past have yet to be uncovered, but the events of the story suggest something pretty dark lingers in the depths of his past. Not having formed any real emotional attachments before, the feelings he has for Eva brings out a sweetness about him that I just loved. 

What starts out as physical attraction quickly evolves in to something more.  Attraction, lust and falling in love are easy, but when the scars of their pasts threaten to come between them, staying together becomes the challenge.  I think their scars enable them to see beyond the damage and embrace each other in a way that someone who hasn’t lived it could.

 This is my first read by this author, and certainly won’t be my last.  Bared to You is beautifully written.  Day kept me totally consumed by this story, and I found this book almost flawless.  I thought her descriptions were perfect in setting the scenes, and her characterization, and Sylvia Day knows her way around the smexy scenes  (Whew, *fans self*)  This book was all kinds of HOT!   I loved every single page!!

Quotes:

“I want there to be happily-ever-afters for the fucked-up crowd. Show me the way, Eva honey. Make me believe."  (Cary)

********************

“I love you, Gideon.”
“God.” He looked at me with something that resembled disgust. Whether it was directed at me or himself, I didn’t know. “How can you say that?”
“Because it’s the truth.”
“You just see this”—he gestured at himself with a wave of his hand. “You’re not seeing the fucked-up, broken mess inside.”
I inhaled sharply. “You can say that to me? When you know I’m fucked up and broken, too?" 
(Gideon and Eva)

 *********************

 “You forget who submits, Eva,” he said gruffly. “I’ve given up control for you. I’ve bent and adjusted for you. I’ll do anything to keep you and make you happy. But I can’t be tamed or topped. Don’t mistake indulgence for weakness." (Gideon)




2 comments:

GraceMyBookSnack said...

This is my first time reading from this author too! It's so good! Fabulous review!

Elena said...

Oh Gideon how I love Thee! hehehe!!

Awesome spankin review! =)

As you already know,Cary's quote is my favorite. I don't know why,but it's captivating

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...