} -->

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Bloodright By Karin Tabke, Blood Moon #2

The coming of the Blood Moon will lead two Lycan packs into war, spur two rival brothers into conflict, and spark an act of vengeance so evil that its effects will be felt for generations.

One woman stands at the center of it all...

After years of waiting, the Blood Law is at last avenged. Lycan Alpha Lucien Mondragon takes revenge on his brother, Rafael. Lucien is poised to slay Rafael's life mate, the Lycan/Slayer half-breed Falon- but cannot complete the kill. For Falon's mystical powers and fiery nature awaken a heart Lucien thought long dead. Instead of ending her life, Lucien defiantly marks Falon as his own, tormenting his brother to insanity and spurning Rafael's blood thirst for his own revenge.
Though terrified by the savage Lucien, Falon finds herself inexplicably drawn to his primal rage and strength by a desire she cannot resist. Torn between the true love she has for Rafael and the burning hunger she holds for Lucien, Falon knows that the will of her heart will lead her to her destined life mate. But it may also doom the Alpha brothers-and the Lycan race-to extinction..
Rhonda's Review:

Bloodright by Karin Tabke
A Blood Moon Rising Novel  #2

Entering the second book in Karin Tabke’s Blood Moon Rising series, we start off exactly  where the first book ended.  For those of you that haven’t read the first book , I strongly recommend you start at the first book.  The first book ends in a cliffhanger, and the author doesn’t spend any time rehashing the foundation of the story from the first book, and you just might find yourself a bit lost.

I was reeled in with the first book to this series, Bloodlaw and couldn’t wait for the next book to finally land in my greedy little hands.  I love the world that Tabke has created, with her chopper riding bad boy Lycan‘s, and the history of the brothers Lucien and Rafael, also the story behind the Slayers.  The history in which she has given her characters and their story is compelling, and totally sucked me in to the story.  I am normally a character driven reader, and Tabke hit all the major marks with me.  However, there are a couple of issues I had with this book, and it revolves around Fallon.  How many times is she going to get herself killed before she realizes that she is not in fact invincible.  Also, I found myself a bit irritated over the fact that EVERYONE wants Fallon, and each time she’s brought back from death, or the brink of, her hormones are running rampant.  Now I know this is PNR but those things were a bit over the top.

After the ending of the first book left me shocked and awe’d,  I thought there was no way I could accept any outcome that denied Rafael and Fallon their HEA.  Boy was I wrong!! I got the drift really quick in this book that Tabke was going to try to make me like Lucien, aaaaand well I not only liked him, I fell completely in love with him.  His character is so complex, as he starts revealing his true self piece by piece, my heart opened up the same way.  Thus leaving me in much of the same situation as Fallon, loving both brothers.  But I will admit that were I faced with the choice myself, I would without a doubt choose Lucien. 

I’m not going to go into the story / plot here, if you like shifter stories, this series is for you.  This is the fourth book I’ve read by this author, and I think she is incredibly talented in her writing and characterization, and I look forward to reading more from her.  Mrs. Tabke also knows her way around the smexy scenes, and will surely make your toes curl!  I look forward to seeing how this series ends.











4 comments:

JoLee @ Wickedly Delicious Book Blog said...

Good Morning. New Follower. We have the same taste. Thanks for the review. I love a good PNR series. Even better with good sexing and sexy lycans bikers. Putting this series on my Wish list

My Blog
http://wickedlydeliciousbookblog.blogspot.com/

Elena said...

PSH! That was bad at all,Great Review!

*sighs* Lucien *swoons* hehehe!!1 Love him!

Too bad we gotta wait a whole year for the next one =(

Unknown said...

Hi, New follower. I have been putting off reading this series because I didn't think I would like Lucien!! Now that I read your review, I'm going to have to bump this up in my TBR pile!! I was really surprised that you said between the brothers you would pick Lucien!! Thanks for sharing!!
Mariann at Belle's Book Bag

GraceMyBookSnack said...

I think I want to know about Lucien from your review! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...