} -->

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Lover Reborn (BDB#10) By J.R Ward

In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. The city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Now back in the Brotherhood - and unrecognisable as the vampire leader he once was - Tohrment is physically emaciated and heartbroken beyond despair. When he begins to see his beloved in his dreams - trapped in a cold, isolating netherworld - Tohr turns to a self-serving fallen angel in hopes of saving the one he has lost. When he's told he must learn to love another to free his former mate, Tohr knows they are all doomed . . .

Except then a female with a shadowed history begins to get through to him. Against the backdrop of the raging war with the lessers, and with a new clan of vampires vying for the Blind King's throne, Tohr struggles between the buried past, and a very hot, passion-filled future . . . but can his heart let go and set all of them free?


Sam's Review:

I'm  done – I’m finally done! This book was one huge muther f*gger! But it was fantastic. It was so much better than the previous book and Tohr just stole my heart. There was so much going on in this book that Im not sure I’ll be able to get it all out in one review, but I’ll try my darnest!

Firstly I’ll start with Tohr. This guy just blew me away. No lying, I was not in any way interested in him or his story.  And then there was his deceased mate Wellsie. I never felt a connection with the couple, but did feel sad for Tohr when she died – now 15 months on after her death, Tohr is still grieving her loss. Ward brung his grief to the story really well, and made me feel all heart wrenched too. Throughout most of the book Tohr is grief stricken – and there are times when I wanted to smack him upside the head for how he treated No’One  and others – but in retrospect it all fitted so well with the story and made the book more realistic.]

On to Lassiter, OMG! This is the Ward equivalent of William from LOTU. I love him, his character, everything. He is a smart arse, and heck – HE IS SHINNY!! - His relationship with Tohr is strained in the beginning but in the end is just another blossoming bromance. Lassiter is stuck between a rock and hard place and has found himself in the position of trying to help Tohr past his grief so that Wellsie can move into the fade.

No’One. I think, I speak for alot of people who initially thought “who the heck is that?”. No’One is Xhex’s mummy! I completed forgot all about her. But she is the quiet type with alot of the world on her shoulders. She is described as beautiful but would have liked her features to be in more detail. Tohr and No’One’s relationship wasn’t the hottest of the all brothers, but it was more real, if that makes sense? The relationship was more about moving beyond grief.

Xhex and JM  have a huge supporting role in this story. The two are going through the roughest patch in history. I was strung out reading about these two people who clearly had all the love in the world for one another but couldn’t move beyond their differences. No matter though, these two shared some steamy page time and the cabin scene is still making me breathless!

Quinn and Blay: I feel gut wrenched. I want these two together so bad. Has one author ever made me want something more!!? And just when you think there is no hope that these two are gonna get their move on, Ward throws in one last scene that gets you on your seat then poof! Its gone.

This book was long; so long in fact that it took until 18% in to the book before Tohr and NoÓne actually had a scene together. There was a lot of secondary going on and I wish there was more time for hero and heroine. I wanted to get to know their relationship better.

The book was obviously good. Its the kind of book that you can’t think of anything else when you put it down – that in its self should be the cue to read it. BDB fans will love it. I love Wards humor and am so excited for the next one – If its Quinn I will die a happy woman!



3 comments:

GraceMyBookSnack said...

I love your review! I'm so excited to get to this one!

Elena said...

You ladies write great reviews,and I love reading them :)

Two-Thumbs up Sam!

Elle J Rossi said...

I can't wait to read this! So glad to hear it was better than the last one. I ended up loving that one, but it started out pretty rocky for me. Nice review!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...