} -->

Thursday 12 April 2012

Cat O'Nine Tails By Patricia Leever

When Orrin and his brother Kale are hired by Queen Winifred to hunt down Aeron and her band of miscreants, Orrin never dreamed he’d fall in love with the beautiful she pirate, or the kind, accepting people of her island hideaway. As they grow closer, Aeron reveals her jaded past with Queen Winifred to Orrin; he doesn’t hesitate to offer his help to bring Winifred’s evil reign to an end. Aeron and Orrin soon discover that the strongest weapon in their combined arsenal is the love they have for each other.




Photobucket
Grace's review:

 Grab your grog and settle in for a whole lotta romance!
When I first started reading this book, I had to look up what a cat o' nine tails was because I had no clue. Then I held onto my seat as the ride to pirate land began!

Ms. Leever's words are captivating and passionate as the story of female pirate, Aeron Lynch, and pirate hunter, Orrin Walsh, unfold in a romantic tale that takes the reader out to sea and onto a secret island. It is a story that reveals tragic past secrets, seeking retribution and finding one's true love. There's some violent scenes and sword fight action too! It is a pirate story after all. Interested yet?


In addition to Aeron, I found the other female characters were just as strong and engaging as well. I mean Queen Winifred puts the evil queen in Snow White to shame! The male characters were written well as ideal to their female counterparts. The Walsh brothers, Orrin and Kale, are deliciously hunky with very good hearts.


Finally, yes, there is a lot of romance. Aeron and Orrin have quite a few romantic interludes that were beautifully written. If you're not a fan of instant connection, then I'd pass on this book, but you would be missing out on an amazing debut novel. In all honesty, wouldn't you make good use of a private lagoon if you had access to it?


This is definitely a story I will read again. I very much look forward to see what's next from this fab author! 



 

7 comments:

GraceMyBookSnack said...

Ahhh...Orrin and Kale...Mmmmm!

Patricia said...

Thanks for the awesome review, Gracie Lou! <3

Elena said...

Blogger needs to come up with a "Like" Button.I liked on it GR so that should count. LOLZ!!

Fantastic Review!

Unknown said...

Well... I'm sold, adding it to my TBR, I know I won't be so lucky to find it on audio.
Thanks!

Unknown said...

I hope I don't post this twice, cuz I posted a comment earlier and it didn't show (most likely my fault...no.. I'm sure it was my fault..lol).
Any way I'm sold and I wanted to add it to my TBR, but I couldn't find it on Goodreas. Is it not published yet?
Thank you guys!

Patricia said...

LOL! I totally saw the other comment in my email went to comment back and found nothing, thought I was losing my shit :P

Yes, I am on Goodreads and Cat O' Nine Tails was published Aug, 30 2011 http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5051193.Patricia_Leever

And as far as the audio book, girl, from your keyboard to the publishing God's ears! I'm an audio book junkie myself and it would tickle me stupid to have my book in audio :)

Unknown said...

@Patricia, thank you! I got it, and I hope it gets pick up for audio :) Another audiobook junkie here.
@Rhonda Hi girl! I was on vacation, that's why I was MIA :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...