} -->

Friday 9 March 2012

Darkest Seduction (LOTU #9) Gena Showalter

Possessed by the demon of Promiscuity, immortal warrior Paris is irresistibly seductive-but his potent allure comes at a terrible price. Every night he must bed someone new, or weaken and die. And the woman he craves above all others is the one woman he'd thought was forever beyond his reach…until now.

Newly possessed by the demon of Wrath, Sienna Blackstone is racked by a ruthless need to punish those around her. Yet in Paris's arms, the vulnerable beauty finds soul-searing passion and incredible peace. Until a blood feud between ancient enemies heats up.

Will the battle against gods, angels and creatures of the night bind them eternally-or tear them apart?




Photobucket
Sam's Review:

 PARIS – LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD
Wow – where to start? Firstly, I love the Lords, I really do. These guys are my dream men. I have loved every single story from Showalter in this series, and I have looked forward to Paris’s book for what feels like eons.

Anyone who has read this series religiously, like me – knows that Paris has been pining for Sienna for what seems like forever! Sienna is a former Hunter, now turned dead chic who is host to the demon Wrath. Sienna has been held hostage by Cronus (major asstwat).

This was a good read, but it could have been an amazing read. I really didn’t fall into the love trap of the story until after half way and that’s just plain sad for this series. I think I may have built Paris’s story up in my head to be far huger than what it was.

I have loved Paris from the get go, and when Sienna came on the scene all those books ago, the build up was massive. The pair were good together and they did complement each other, I just didn’t become attached or find myself caring for each of them as much as I would have liked. This sounds stupid, but there was far less sex than what I anticipated – I mean, his Demon is SEX!  There are some funny moments, but Paris just isn’t as witty as William or Strider.

All in all I think the story only took place over a space of a week? And Showalter tried to cram so much in it got confusing. There were alot of crossing story lines and pieces thrown in that I’m sure will make sense down the track but at this point in time only aided in confusing me more.

Although this was Paris and Sienna’s book, to me the stars were once again Zacharel – whom is getting his own story!!!! – Gallen and Legion, and my new ALL TIME favourite, William. William is a bag of mystery that I cannot wait to unravel. I’m just hoping that his ultimate story, whom I assuming will be with Gilly will not be a let down.

 I did like this book, like I said the second half had me in that phase where you don’t want to put the book down, it just took a while to get there.  I really want to know the line up of the next books and I cannot wait for the Angels books.

Strider – your still the only man for me.




Don't miss Book One in the

ANGELS OF DARK SERIES – Wicked Night, Starring Zacharel

JUNE 28TH 2012  






3 comments:

Elena said...

Two Minds think alike!I felt the same exact way! I didn't expect much from Paris,cause honestly he annoyed the crap outta me in the previous books with all his wallowing,so I was damn glad when he finally got his HEA. But I missed the funny joking Paris from the very first few books in the series. Yeesh! The sex scenes were dry........ He's Possessed by the demon of Promiscuity!!! What went wrong? Dayum.... Other than that it was good to finally move on and know we have lots to look forward to in the series. Williams' novel will be the Death of me,the anticipation is already killing me! LOL!

Mary Kirkland said...

I loved this book. I just read it last week and was so thrilled with all the little twists and turns this book made. Can you believe that ending..omg that was awesome.

Unknown said...

I second that emotion!. Exactly how I felt, and maybe your right, maybe we expected a lot more, but yes, we still love the Lords.
Great review girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...