} -->

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Lover Revealed (BDB #4) By J.R Ward

Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard-living ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world-to engage in the turf war with the lessers. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. And if he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers.

But fate curses him with the very thing he wants. When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead, he's found by a miracle, and the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him.






PhotobucketGrace's Review:
 
 
I have to admit when I started reading this series I was intrigued with Butch's character by the end of Dark Lover. I was wondering how things were going to end up for him being that he's a human living with the vamps...The Brotherhood, and yet not being able to fight with them, since they won't let him. I felt for Butch as he got frustrated with being caught between two worlds, feeling like an outsider on either side and feeling unworthy of winning Marissa's heart.

I loved the pairing of Butch and Marissa! As the story unfolds we find out a lot about Butch and how his family treats him. It turns out he has a lot of things in common with Marissa and can truly understand her situation. Marissa annoyed me at times throughout the story, but in the end I loved how her character finally found a sense of purpose with her immortal life. These two together...wow! Butch is so HOT, especially after...after what? Well, I won't say. Butch's journey is quite interesting and left me speechless at times along the way!

Now I have to mention the relationship with Butch and V. When an encounter with The Omega leaves Butch with a certain ability, at least Butch is able to use this new found ability for good use, but not without consequence. He has to rely on V even more now, which tightens their friendship. I'm so curious to see what happens, if anything, between them now!

Lover Revealed is a solid book in the series with bits of the other characters dispersed along the main story line as well. John Matthews story continues as he tries to deal with his emotions regarding Tohr and Wellsie. We also see more of Rhev in action...yeah! Now on to V's story! I want to get to know him better.
 
 


 

1 comment:

GraceMyBookSnack said...

I'm so excited for all reading Lover Reborn today! I'll catch up with everyone soon. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...