} -->

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Taking a Shot (Play By Play #3) By Jaci Burton

The last thing Jenna Riley needs is more sports in her life. While her brothers are off being athletic superstars, she's stuck running the family's sports bar, whether she likes it or not. Then in walks pro hockey stud Tyler Anderson. As much as Jenna would like to go to the boards with him, she's vowed to never fall for a jock—even one as hot as Ty.

Ty, intrigued by the beautiful bar owner, becomes a regular. He senses that Jenna wants to do something more with her life. And as he gains her trust, the passion between them grows, as does Ty's insistence that Jenna should start living for herself. With his encouragement, Jenna starts to believe it, too...

But first, Jenna has to figure out what she wants, what she needs, who she loves, and if she has the passion and pride to take a shot at having it all—including Ty...






Photobucket
Sam's Review:

 I have officially sat down four times now to write this review and keep turning up blank. Did I like it? Uh....yeah I did. It was steamy, sexy, sweaty, sultry and hot. Everything that makes a top novel in my eyes.  But there is something nagging at the back of my head that makes me not want to give this book a five star....oh yeah – Jenna. The heroine.
So this is book three in the Play by Play series. Book one and two were so much more than I anticipated them to be. And when Jenna’s turn came around I couldn’t wait!  Sadly Jenna did not however live up to the imaginary story in my head. Jenna had her head so far up her arse that it would take more than a crowbar to pry it out. Ty on the other hand - oh my.... what a man. He is my perfect incarnate.

Jenna flat out refused to date anyone sport related. Because of some pathetic reasons that were not justified  at all. She also has talents that go far beyond the realm of waitressing. And Ty goes above and beyond the call of duty to be charming, sweet and all round perfection. Ty encourages Jenna to do what she wants to do in her heart but all she does is resentment him, judge him and be a flat out bitch to him and all because he was a Hockey player. Not cool Jenna. Not cool.

The pair however was just disgustingly perfect for one another with some uber hot sex scenes. I will give Jenna credit for her bedroom exposé. That girl was confident like none other.  Sadly it took until right in the end of the book for someone to actually get the crowbar  and pry said girls head out of her arse and make her realise Ty was worth fighting for.

I not too sure how many books are in the series, but I do know that we have one more on the way at the moment. Playing to Win is Coles book, who is cousin I think. It should be another hot one.

The book was still worth the read. It was a very steamy read, but just didn’t catch me like the first two. Looking forward to the next in the Play by Play series and the new hottie to grace the book cover.


1 comment:

_yay_ said...

Awesome review: *thumbsup*
We arrived at the same rating - 4 stars.
_yay_ @ BookthatThing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...